Let me tell you, I can eat all day. I go to a buffet or an ALL you can eat SUSHI restaurant, I bet you I will out eat everyone in my table and in the whole restaurant. So by doing what I am about to explain is very difficult for me but I am going to tell you why I do it and the benefits that I have felt and come to know as true as I have started this 72 hour fast! Right now I am currently fasting for 45 hours, no food and only water for the first 24 hours. The first day is consisted of liquids to keep me hydrated and ready for the next crucial 48 hours. I get headaches that come and go between hour 22 and 38, after this period I feel golden. I am still hungry but my cravings have gone down and I am in control. The reason I do this fast is because of many reasons, let me write them down for you below:
- Long Fast, can increase lifespan and improve health. ( Increased antioxidant levels, revs up metabolism and helps reverse some effects of aging. )
- Long Fast, can reduce Oxidative Stress( Oxidative Stress, can cause Heart Disease, Kidney Disease, Cognitive Decline, and cancer.
- Long Fast, can help with Multiple Sclerosis, which can include Vision Problems, Muscle Weakness, Coordination and balance problems, Numbness and prickling, and Memory Problems
- Obviously, can cause weight loss, did you know a fast of two days can cause 8000 calorie loss, thats two pounds of fat each month ( Keep in mind I am not doing this to lose weight, it is just very healthy for your body to regenerate that is why I do it for 3 days every 3 months! )
- Improves Insulin Sensitivity and Helps Maintain Healthy Blood Sugar Levels (Long Fast that range over 24 – 72 Hours causes a 20 percent drop in blood sugar levels!
A nice benefit that also adds to all these great health benefits, is that I absorb a lot of information for consciously and easier! When I have no food in my system I can think more clearly than ever, it is absolutely amazing. I can read books faster, listen to my friends and family better and even feel what they are feeling because I am very sensitive to emotion during this time. There is a study that food is emotional , hence the marketing word and true word “comfort food”. Have you ever eaten a nice plate of food on Thanksgiving ( Happy Late Thanksgiving to everybody by the way ) and told yourself wow I am stuffed and hit the couch or took a nap. It is amazing, when having no food in your system you are able to be alert and focus. I feel free when I fast, now after my 72 hour fast is over I will continue eating healthy so my body and mind can stay focused throughout the day! If you are starting to look into Dry Fasting, One Day Fast or any kind of Long Fast at all. I do believe it is a great idea, you might find your own superpower while you do it, mine is absorbing information better and staying focused. You never know what yours might be , do not be afraid to try it. Start off with a One Day Fast and see how you like it, just consume good liquids like water or coconut water. Good Luck and Happy Fasting!